MESSAGE: GANDHI KRISHNAN'S CENTENARY CELEBRATION -HELD

MESSAGE: GANDHI KRISHNAN'S CENTENARY CELEBRATION -HELD

balakrishnan
20th September 2009,Sunday was a joyful day for Kudumbi cochnites, on the occasion of our great leader Shri. Gandhi Krishnan's centenary celebration convened by Kudumbi Seva Sangham branch No. 31 Kochi-Mattancherry at Town Hall Mattancherry.

The day was started with flag march by several kudumbi youngsters from Kudumbi Seva Sangham Branch office covering several kudumbi residential points,reached to the venue of celebration,hoisted the flag with floral and slogan tributes. Thereafter the Officials and gathered garlended the photo of Shri. Gandhi Krishnan having floral and slogan offerings.

Before the inaugural function: Chendamelam, Thiruvathira Kali and Kuchipudi dance held at the stage.

The main function was iaugurated by MLA Shri. C.M.Dinesh Mani delivering his happiness and words ,to the gathered, about 2000 kudumbis in the hall.

Our former President Adv. O.S.Ramakrishnan presented the life history and contribution of Gandhi Krishnan to our community during his life time.

The invited Cochin Corporation Division councillors also delivered their words with greetings to the audience.

Meanwhile our beloved late  leaders' wife Mrs. Ganga Bhai and her remaining family members came to  the premises as invited, was leaded to the dias with traditional gaiety by the programme committee.On the course of the function she sung an old (our bhasha) song in a feeble sound.

Thereafter, Kurumba Swayam Sahaya Sangham-Cochin unit-a social welfare scheme promoted by Kudumbi Seva Sangham inauguration held by our present State General Secretary-Shri. P.S.Ramachandran,   addressed the community about the past and future vision of the state committee.

The programme concluded with several cultural presentation,prize distribution and vote of thanks.