1 cup Toor Dhal
3 Green Chillies – slit
Ginger – 1 inch
Salt to taste
Mustard – half teaspoon
Curry leaves – 6 to 7
Red chillies – 2
asafoetida (hing) powder
1. Wash and pressure cook the daal
2. When the cooker cools down, open and churn the cooked daal.
3. Add enough water so that the dhal is of the consistency you like.
4. Add the green chillies, ginger cut into small pieces and salt to taste.
5. Bring to boil and then cook on a small flame for a few minutes.
6. For seasoning heat oil in a small pan.
7. Add mustard seeds.When they splutter, add red chillies and curry leaves.
8. Then add a large pinch of asafoetida powder.
9. Add it to the daal and close the lid immediately.
10.Serve with rice. Many people like it with ghee or lemon.