Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

12

Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

sancochin
Do you think that all Kudumbis get good education? How many kudumbis are completing degree and pg courses? If some body is dropping the course in between, what is the reason? Those who completed degree, are they able to get good job? Who is there to help them out?

How many of us know the Kudumbis got 1% reservation for seats of Professional Courses? If we act now, we can have handful doctors and engineers in the coming 5 years of time...

pls. share your views

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Ratheesh
As per my area, most of the kudumbi peoples are going for the daily wages work like Construction work, Tile work, Bricks work etc. So as per their children’s view they can get in to any of the above work at any time. So they are not taking the education as serious (Some exceptions are there, but I am talking about the majorities).

         If we analyze the students doing higher education, we can clearly understand that most of their parents were educated or their family is financially sound.
        Second thing is lack of course awareness and the way of course selection. As per my   experience, I thought after SSLC we have to do Pre degree, Degree and after that Post Graduation. So I took admission for pre degree as my first step. But I was not aware that time I have to prepare for Entrance  Exam for Engineering & Medical Admission ( It  was  my lack of  course awareness ).After that when I joined for Graduation, in our talk while sharing  my thoughts  and experience  with friends that time only I came to know about the Entrance Exam, Engineering, Medical and all. After my graduation, I Prepared for MCA Entrance and completed successfully (Here I took the decision as per my interest).
          So as per my view, our students are not selecting or completing    higher education because of family background, financial problem, lack of course awareness and selection, unawareness of the reservation.
         It is good news for kudumbi’s got 1 % reservation for professional courses .Also we will get the   fees exemption for Arts and Professional courses.
         I am wishing you all my brothers and sisters to become successful professionals.

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Prakash Lekshmanan
Yes I do agree with Ratheesh, the awareness part. Let leave how many are completing the basics SSLC, I see a major flaw with the brigth students folk considering and choosing Degree or PG without much thinking about the career prospects. I like to appreciate Ratheesh very much for explaining his experience and non-awareness part in his thread. I would have seen nearly 90% people, while students would have made same mistake which makes another block of bright educated jobless kudos.

The major loss in our community upliftment would be this mistake. People are brilliant in their studies either end-up getting a degree which does not fetch job in Kerala.Otherway round is to come-out from Kerala to find a job. I would like to appreciate the enthusiam and the great pain the candidate undergoes to fetch a job outside Kerala and it does not seem to be very easy and its highly competative . To be honest the spoken english communication is one of the major issues which is making our bright kudumbi student to fetch a job.

Also I like to mention here that Ratheesh is an good real motivational example and he did set his standards(via dedication, pain, temperment, support from his family) to achieve a place in big global giants like 'WIPRO'.

To summarize and admit that I cannot see an aspiring and bright candidate failing in his/her life due to tiny but major mistakes like engilsh communications and specially in our community. Currently myself and Shaji is figuring out to link a site which offers free spoken english course under career category for the bright students who wishes their communication needs to be improved. It should be soon released.

Also I think we all need to be motivational gurus to young aspiring students to guide and make pursue the correct career path.

Thanks Santhosh for creating the thread. Yes as he said all kinds of healthy discussion and view is required in this forum.

Prakash

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

N.G.Naveen
The kudimbi community does not hava a proper  body/ptatform  to guide  our younger stundents.  There are lot of well educated and well placed people are in our community.  Once they  settled, they do not come down to improve the community.    We must not forget that  all  of them had collected stipend / lumpsum grants during thier eduction period or they got the admission in the colleges on the basis of reservation.     They  must break the shell of their ego and share their  experiences and knowledge  with the students and younger generations.   Look at the other religions/castes - which a guiding body eg. Christian's KCYM,  GSB's Bank Employees Assn  etc.

I am aged 44 years, residing at Ernakulam Dist. working in a Limited Company as a Manager - Exports,
I  served  various position  of Kudumbi Employees Assocaions based in Cochin during 2000-2005, I will be very happy to share my experiences for my community if there is a gorup of non-selfish people.

We have KSS  lead by selfish(NOT ALL) leaders  in the state level.   Look at the branch level: most of them are rivals & jealous,  not only with the neighbouring kudumbis but also with relatives.   After the strugles of  long 4 decades  we  got 1% reservations in the professioanl colleges from next academic year onwads - IT'S  GREAT.     The reservation is applicable in  each colleges and stream of  Engg or Medical colleges.   Consider a case of Self finance Engg college, who signed agreement with goverment.   There are 60 seats in each stream,  50% of this - 30 seats goes to govt.   1% of this  30 seats is 0.3 seats,  how can a kudumbi student get admission in the class?  let us wait and see in the next year.

N.G.Naveen

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

S.L.Shibu Perumal
Sir

I have designed a site giving directions for wipe out caste system. It is only under construction the link is

http://www.freewebs.com/ohiros/home.html

after visiting the site give your opinion about the site

Faithfully

S.L.Shibu Perumal

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
The KSS has started a education cell for guiding and speading awarness among the students about the latest bonanza they got in the form of 1% reservation. Camps are conducted in Dec-2008 at Taluk levels of KSS. Please help the students and bring them in these camps.

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Sandeep
Hi everyone,

I was redirected to this page from the former website "geocities.com/kudumbisevasangham".
Anyway this is far more interactive and I am glad that my fellow kudumbis have at least enthusiastically begun to respond to the posts.  It is indeed a good thing.  As regards the subject of this discussion, It is very heartening to note that we have at least got 1% reservation in professional and higher education courses. I sincerely believe that this will greatly help in making sure that at least some of the diligent and hardworking students in our community will get admission to professional courses. But the real and crucial point is that we must motivate our students to get into these professional courses. Even though many of them are eager to join, but owing to lack of financial assistance, they back out.  In this context, the role of KSS is of much significance as they can sponsor some of the students or for that matter can provide them with scholarships.  The state committee of KSS needs to look into this aspect far more seriously.  Many of the students who do not have the wherewithal will enormously benefit from such a initiative.  This will be indeed a noble gesture on the part of KSS.

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
Hi,
    Indeed KSS has already formed a education cell .The cell has delegated its members to conduct awareness camps at the Taluk levels starting in Dec-2008.In the first phase this will be completed by March-2008.If u a have cousins,brothers or sisters aged around 16-20 do inform them about this camp. Try t utilize these opportunity .Lets carve a new generation fulfilling  our long cherished dreams of  a progressive community. In fact this bonanza is a solution to a new social disorder which is affecting our community ?Guess?

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Sandeep (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Are-we-helping-out-our-Kudumbi-brothers-and-Sisters---tp1494963p1661911.html

Santosh Kumar
Chertala
Kerala

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Rajeev P.L.
Dear Santhosh,

Now the situations improved and parents are eager to educate their kids as much they can ..........
and it is all depends up on financial back ground..

Eduacation looks like a business now a days and where ever KSS branches are there, they announced the Government order of 1 % reservation for professional courses.

And in the margadeepam magazine also the order published.

any how through KSS and conducting camps we have to spread this announcement of 1 % reservation

but i feel most our community kids are preffering to study only Engg& MBA/MCA, when ever i come accorros a student who is in plus two, they use to say that Engg entrance and most of them are not prefferring other professional course.

I am very much eagerly waiting for an IAS holder in our community.....

in my village - Pizhala most of the parents and students are very much aware of this reservation and now they start utilising it.

We need to collect a data of how much seats in actualy are alloting us through this 1 % reservation for professional courses in kearal.

I thinnk there are 1400 seats for MBBS .

Regards
Rajeev
rajeev_pl007@yahoo.co.in

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
Rajeev,
         As per the latest Eng/medicine Entrance seat allotment matrix nearly 160 Eng. seats and 12 Medical seats will be now  reserved for our community to fullfil the 1% quota. To utilize this productively for the next academic year ,we need to gear up our students now. Anyhow its good to find that ur locality has a better exposure among the students regarding their rights. Encourage them.

Regds,
Santosh Kumar
santoshkrish@gmail.com

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
Hi all,
      KSS Paravoor Taluk (PTU) is organising a 1 day Mega-Students meet  at Ranganath Auditorium ,Velikulangara near North Paravoor on 26-January -2009 (Republic day). All the students from 10th,10+2 ,degree and above can attend this camp preferably staying in and around Paravoor.The program includes career guidance, Eng/medical Entrance-2009,utilizing  1% resv. in professional courses,about various professional courses,PSC coaching tips etc. Try to spread a word of mouth and help bringing our youngsters to this camp.For details Contact any KSS / KYS / KKSA PTU member.

Santosh Kumar
santoshkrish@gmail.com
kys.kerala@gmail.com

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

N.G.Naveen
Dear Mr Santosh,

Thanks for the info.

Rgds,
Naveen

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
Hi all,
          A Students-Youth camp is organised by newly formed KSS Kollam Taluk Union  on 1-Feb-2009 , 10 am in an auditorium near the Kollam Collectorate  . Students staying in and around Kollam town can attend the camp.U may contact organisers of  KSS Br No-69 ,Kollam.

Santosh Kumar
Cherthala
santoshrish@gmail.com

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

vijayan
Hai, Santhosh

it is nice to see in the net.
Howz things are going

keep in touch

Vijayan
Kochi Refinery

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

vijayan
Hai Santhosh

Kindly recall my discussion with u on KSS meeting at Cherthala.

I couldn't meet u further.

keep in touch
my email ID vijayanalunga@yahoo.co.in

Regards
vijayan

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

sreehari from trissur
is there any reservation for mtech in kerala for kudumbis?

Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?

Santosh Kumar
hi Sreehari,
                    H ru .Its nice to meet a  student .Sure we have reserv for Mtech.U can contact one Mr. Santhosh ,Lecturer CUSAT,KOCHI  for further details . Hs contact info is available on the same kudumbi.com. More to hear . bye

Santosh

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:15 PM, sreehari from trissur [via Kudumbi] <[hidden email]> wrote:
is there any reservation for mtech in kerala for kudumbis?

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Are-we-helping-out-our-Kudumbi-brothers-and-Sisters-tp1494963p4546645.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Are we helping out our Kudumbi brothers and Sisters ?, click here.

--
Santosh Kumar
Chertala
Kerala

how to get a mtech seat

anilmr1989
i haven't appeared for the gate exam. shall i get seat for mtech course with 1% reservation for kudumbis

how to get a mtech seat

anilmr1989
i haven't appeared for the gate exam. shall i get seat for mtech course with 1% reservation for kudumbis.
anilmr1989@gmail.com is my mail id . if anybody knows pls reply

A new face book Community opened named as Kudumbi Samudayam

VINOD.M.V.

Dear All,

Iam inviting every Kudumbis to Join in Kudumbi samudayam Group in Face Book. Already more than 100 members joined in this group. Every one can share your experiences,thoughts & opinion in this group.
Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423153231052422/

Thank You

Vinod.M.V.